Linfield Industrial Park, 2017 Halloween Post

Publicker, a now-defunct whisky company, had their bottling/packaging services here. Other tenants included Kinsey (another distillery), an antifreeze company, and a household cleaners manufacturer. Publicker is the only one that still has a roadside sign 31 years after the closure.

 Hopping over the chain across the parking lot, we get to the main gate.
 Looking inside, you can find about what you'd expect for something that's been vacant for this long.
 Most of what's currently in place at the facility was built in the 50's. There are still a few older warehouses, like this, that were built in the 30's. Most of these have either burned or fallen down over the years.
 One of the oldest remaining buildings on the property was an old barn that had been retrofitted to a maintenance shed. This cluster of old buildings was Kinsey's distillery.
 I'm guessing this area was where the technicians would have worked. A lot of the stuff in here appears to have been left behind more recently. Despite being abandoned, this place is seldom actually vacant (as I was soon to find out).
 Really creepy teddy bear tied to the gate. This was the second most unsettling thing I found while I was here (the first being a decaying deer, which I thankfully do not have a picture of).
On the edge of the property are a couple abandoned Victorian houses. They were close to the road and looked like they were about to fall over, so I decided not to investigate these more closely.

 Another look at the 30's Kinsey warehouse. That thing on the roof either collapsed or partially fell through.
 A stairwell, some trees, and a lot of missing windows.
 The distribution center is to the left, and ore bottling buildings on the right. I can't get an exact number for how many distilleries were here, but it was at least 3.
 I have to say, the pavement has held up surprisingly well. I'm surprised you can still see some tire tracks on it.
 The towers on the ends of the buildings were staircases going up. The bottom entrances have all been bricked up, but people somehow still manage to get up there.
 A handful of the 50's warehouses.
 This building was slightly less graffitied than the last one.
 Somebody wasn't too happy about the entrances being "cindo" blocked over...
There was one door that wasn't bricked over- it was rusted shut instead! The window was broken, which allowed me to get one inside picture of one of the bottling buildings. It's pretty dark but better than nothing.
 Some buildings were built with red brick, while others were tan. They were both done at about the same time, so I'm guessing this was just to break up the monotony.
 There were quite a few of these 50's buildings here. They were all the same shape, only difference being brick color. There were 14 of these in total. Being solid concrete structures, they are actually in pretty good shape. I think if you carve some windows in them, they could be converted into nice office buildings.
The brackets on the walls once held pipes that carried the whisky from the distillery to the bottling plant.
 Every so often, somebody sets a fire in one of these buildings. This one was the site of the most recent one. It didn't do much damage, if any, to the concrete from the looks of it.
 I'm pretty proud of this shot.
 For the first half hour I was here, I thought I kept hearing voices. It was a little unnerving, until I ran into a group of people about my age also exploring the property. We said hi, exchanged a few jokes, and went on our ways. They left, and it was quiet again. Then I started hearing gunshots coming from the southern end of the complex. I decided not to check that out, even though I was pretty sure it was just hunters. Turns out the area bordering this is actually state game lands. :P
 Continental was another distillery here. From what I've read, they still have pallets of booze in here.
 Yes, the door was open. This wasn't an entrance, though. Just small controls room.
 Silhouette of the water tower. It was starting to get dark here.
This one building looks like it was built at the same time as the other 30's warehouses, but likely survived due to having a flat concrete roof instead of a wood frame one.

 This low, large building was the distribution center where all the stuff was trucked out of. I believe all of the tenants shared this building.
Older warehouse on the right, newer in the middle, and the water tower on the left.

Comments

The Stuff You Like:

Indoor Tour

Hey My Backlog's Exactly 3 Years Now!

Back in the Homeland